FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 5/5/2020
Butler Fall Festival Suspended for 2020
BUTLER, Pennsylvania, May 5th, 2020: Due to the uncertainty and disruption brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Butler Fall Festival Board of Directors has voted to suspend the 2020 festival. The festival was to take place on September 19th, 2020.
The Board of Directors were excited to have the festival return to Main Street, Butler in 2020, but economic concerns have left the festival unable to maintain sponsors needed to hold the festival. The response to the pandemic has also severely hindered the ability to plan, prepare for, and predict the necessary guidelines that would need to be in place for the festival to occur.
This decision has not been taken lightly by the Board of Directors. Plans were already in motion to coordinate with local businesses and other entities to improve upon the festival and provide a wide array of activities and events during the festival.
While the current conditions have made organizing the true Fall Festival unfeasible for this year, the Butler Fall Festival Board of Directors are still committed to have the community spirit of the festival occur the weekend of September 19th.
In lieu of the festival this year the Board of Directors have set aside a portion of the Festival’s existing funds and approved the following:
- Any plans and/or commitments already established by the festival for the “satellite events” that were to occur on the day of the festival will be honored if the hosting entity wishes to move forward.
- Any local organization, business, or entity that wishes to hold a smaller, self-ran event that would be open to the public the weekend originally planned for the Fall Festival can request funding assistance from the Butler Fall Festival. This includes, but not limited to:
- Kids activities/gatherings
- Community/neighborhood parties or events
- Fundraising events for local charities or entities.
- Any event or gathering that promotes the spirit of community in the City of Butler and surrounding area.
Financial assistance from the Butler Fall Festival for these events will be dependent on, and subject to change, pending any state or federal mandates regarding gatherings and the COVID-19 pandemic.
For more information, or to request financial assistance for an event scheduled the weekend of September 19th, 2020, contact the Butler Fall Festival through the Facebook page, email the festival president at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our contact page for additional contact information.